WASHINGTON – December 11, 2019
The national steering committee for The Path Forward for Mental Health and Substance Use – National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions, American Psychiatric Association (APA), American Psychiatric Association Foundation (APAF) Center for Workplace Mental Health and Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute – has selected eight locations across the nation to implement its multi-stakeholder transformative initiative.
Launched last month, The Path Forward has embarked on a five-year plan to execute a first-of-its-kind private sector approach to improve mental health and substance use care for Americans across the nation. As a key part of the initiative, the Regional Employer Stakeholder Engagement Team (RESET Regions) will leverage the influence of business coalitions, and their employer and other purchaser members, to work with health plans, health systems, medical and behavioral health providers, consultants and brokers to combat this public health crisis.
The RESET Regions and coalitions leading these efforts are:
- California – Pacific Business Group on Health and Silicon Valley Employers Forum
- Florida – Florida Alliance for Healthcare Value
- Kansas – Kansas Business Group on Health
- Maryland, District of Columbia and Northern Virginia – MidAtlantic Business Group on Health
- Minnesota – Minnesota Health Action Group
- New York City metro area including northern New Jersey and southern Connecticut – Northeast Business Group on Health
- Tennessee – Memphis Business Group on Health and HealthCare 21 Business Coalition
- Texas – Dallas Fort Worth Business Group on Health and Houston Business Coalition on Health
For full Press Release, click here.